ACTIVE FAMILIESRongoā Kākāriki, whānau kori, whānau ora
WHAT IS ACTIVE FAMILIES?
Active Families is a free programme to support, encourage, and help motivate families to make healthier lifestyle choices by increasing their levels of physical activity and changing their eating habits.
Our Active Family Coordinator supports families’ to set goals and get involved in programmes with fun physical activities that children and parents can enjoy together. Duration of the programme is up to six months depending on the needs of the individual and family.
The programme is available for any child who:
• is school aged and would benefit from increased activity
• could benefit from changes to their eating habits
• has a high BMI or a stable medical condition, and
• has the support of whānau/familyWHAT DOES THE ACTIVE FAMILIES PROGRAMME OFFER?
• Fortnightly one-to-one family sessions to set goals, review progress and support you to make positive lifestyle changes.
• Help with setting physical activity and healthy eating goals.
• Lots of fun ideas on how to get active with your whānau/family plus the Active Family Coordinator can help to link you with a variety of sporting and recreational groups in your area.
• Information on free and affordable physical activity options for you to enjoy.
• There are organized activity sessions with other families on the programme during term times encouraging families to be active together.
Children work as a group on individual goals and achievements and get to meet and have fun with other children and families who are participating in the programme.
If group sessions are not available in your area, your family will still receive support through face-to-face meetings and home visits.
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOUR FAMILY?
Your child and family can be referred to the GRx Active Families programme by your doctor, practice nurse, pediatrician, dietitian, school nurse or community health nurse.
OR you can refer your family by phoning 0800 ACTIVE (22 84 83) or completing an online self-referral form.
CDL Group Northland Sports House97 Western Hills Drive, Kensington,Whangārei email@example.com
CDL Group Northland Sports House - 09 437 9600McKay Stadium / Kensington Fitness - 09 437 4404