If your looking for something to do over the Easter Weekend, check out what our Healthy Active Learning and Energize Teams have put together. These Easter ideas have an emphasis on the 4 dimensions of Hauora, and depending on you and your whanau's needs at the time, there is a little something for all to try!
- Why not try an egg and spoon race? If you don’t have enough people in your bubble for a relay, simple time each person, with extra obstacles for adults.
- Easter Egg Hunt (with clues), could add something physical at each clue too i.e. spin around x3, bear crawl to the next clue, tip toe, cartwheels etc.
- Hopping relay (either outside or down the hallway) – one leg hop (swap legs) / Jump like a Bunny (two legs) – use socks, cushions or teddys to jump over along the way.
- Paint Easter egg rocks together as a whānau – adults hide them and tamariki find them.
- Take time to connect - video call and connect with friends and family not in your home.
- Write cards to people in your life who have made an impact on you – let them know why you appreciate them, just because you can! (send it to them when you can or put it away for their birthday or the first time you connect with them again).
- Cook and share kai together. Easter French Toast?
- Do a puzzle or word search together.
- Practise gratitude; write down three things you’re grateful for today. Maybe keep a journey and do it daily or weekly over this period…or longer.
- Give a compliment to everyone in your whānau – be kind (it not only makes them feel good, you feel good too).
- Learn a waiata or song that uplifts you.
- Learn a karakia or prayer or a positive saying or whakataukī that you can say to start or end your day or ground and centre yourselves as a whānau.
- Try out a mindfulness meditation, yoga, tai chi (find one on YouTube, there’s something for everyone).
- Connect with nature whatever this may look like, whatever the weather, find the fun in doing some alone or together.